Today we thank Martha’s Outfitters, the clothing store at Martha’s Table. Martha’s Outfitters is more than a thrift store; it is a resource for members of the DC community most in need. If you’re ever in DC and love thrifting…visit Martha’s so you can thrift for a cause.
2114 14th Street, NW
Open Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Years in the store has been open: Martha’s Table has been in existence for 30 years and our clothing store is eight years old.
Mission of the store for the organization: The store provides clothing and housewares for free to those in need and makes these essentials affordably available to the entire community, ergo we’re a thrift store too!
Name one programatic highlight of the organization within the last year: Over the last year, Martha’s Outfitters has served over 40,000 customers and provided clothing to more than 4,000 individuals and families who have been referred to us.
Why was this store opened? The store was open in response to the community need for low cost clothing and housewares. Over the years, it has become a vibrant community store where folks from across the economic spectrum and from every ward in the city come to shop, engage with their neighbors and support the mission of Martha’s Table.
We offer free clothing, linens and household items to individuals and families in need. We offer this service on a referral basis only. For information about our referral program, please click here.
Revenue from items purchased at Martha’s Outfitters go to not only support the store but also the programs of Martha’s Table.
How can you donate?
Donations are accepted from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM on Tuesdays through Saturdays.
For donations, Martha’s Outfitters accepts:
- Gently used seasonal clothing that is clean and in excellent repair – please no tears, stains, broken zippers, or missing buttons – shoes, accessories, and jewelry.
- Clean and fully functioning kitchenware, including pots, pans, dishes, glassware, utensils and small electric appliances.
- Books, art, and bric-a-brac.
- Bed and table linens, picture frames, lamps, occasional furniture, computers, flat screen monitors and televisions, and small electronics.
- Mattresses and box springs
- Non-flat screen televisions or computer monitors (anything with a big back)
- Large furniture