Dear NYC: I just received this in my inbox. Hopefully you’ll find a shelter within walking distance where you can lend a hand…
NYCService is seeking volunteers to assist in the emergency shelters throughout the City of New York. We would be especially grateful to those willing to volunteer this afternoon, tonight and tomorrow.
Given the suspension of the City’s public transportation system, volunteers must be able to get to the sites on their own. We know this may be difficult, but we would consider it a blessing if you or anyone you know were near a site and could provide assistance.
The shelter sites are listed below:
- P.S. 249 – 18 MARLBOROUGH ROAD, BROOKLYN
- FRANKLIN K. LANE HS – K 999 JAMAICA AVENUE, BROOKLYN
- HILLCREST HS – 160-05 HIGHLAND AVENUE , JAMAICA
- JOHN ADAMS HS – 101-01 ROCKAWAY BLVD, OZONE PARK
- YORK COLLEGE – 94-20 GUY R BREWER BLVD, QUEENS
- QUEENS PARK WEST HS – 525 WEST 50 STREET, NEW YORK
- SEWARD PARK HS – 350 GRAND STREET, NEW YORK
- BARUCH COLLEGE – 155 E 24TH ST , NEW YORK
- P.S. 171 – 19 EAST 103 STREET, NEW YORK
- NYC TECHNICAL COLLEGE – 300 JAY ST, BROOKLYN
- FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT HS – 5800 20 AVENUE, BROOKLYN
- CLARA BARTON HS – 901 CLASSON AVENUE, BROOKLYN
- I.S. 187 – BROOKLYN 1171 65 STREET, BROOKLYN
- JOHN JAY HS – 237 7TH AVENUE BROOKLYN
- I.S. 246 – 72 VERONICA PLACE BROOKLYN
Please go to the site nearest you, ask for the site Coordinator and/or NYCService-Mayor’s Office Volunteer Coordinator and let them know you are there to help and your availability.